2017 Founders' Award
The Founders' Award is an annual award for UK based postgraduate student working in the area of micro or mesoporous science. It aims to celebrate the best/most promising postgraduate scientist of the year. The Award will be presented each year at the BZA Annual Meeting and has been devised in honour of the late Professor Lovat Rees, one of the founding members of the British Zeolite Association and one of the father figures of British zeolite science.
The Award consists of a trophy. A scientific committee consisting of both academic and industrial scientists will assess each application. In the event of a draw between candidates, the assessors may use a short telephone interview to determine the overall winner. The award will be announced prior to the BZA conference to allow the winner a reasonable amount of time to arrange their attendance at the conference to receive their award and give a talk.
- The candidate must hold, or be studying for a postgraduate degree in a recognised UK institution and clearly working in the area of micro and/or mesoporous materials.
- Candidates should be nominated by their scientific supervisor, with the candidate's permission.
- The candidate should submit a one-page summary of their research.
- The candidate should also submit a support document containing a list of references, papers, patents, presentations, posters, awards or other addition information.
- Only submissions received before the deadline will be considered.
The deadline for submission is the 27 January 2017. The winner will be announced on 27 February.
E-mail nominations and research summaries to: The BZA Secretary, Prof Craig Williams. Please use the Subject Line "BZA Founders Award" followed by the family name / surname of the nominee.